Governor Janet Mills has selected anti-gun activist Mike Sauschuck to serve as Commissioner of Public Safety, which would put him in charge of enforcing every gun law in the State of Maine.
(Click here to read more about Mike Sauschuck's record and why he would be so dangerous to our 2nd Amendment rights.)
If you are a Maine citizen and believe in the 2nd Amendment, please take a moment right now to email the Maine Legislature's Criminal Justice Committee:
Members of the Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee,
As a citizen of the State of Maine, I support the 2nd Amendment and I ask you to oppose the confirmation of Mike Sauschuck for Commissioner of Public Safety.
Mike Sauschuck is an anti-gun activist who sits on the Board of Directors for the Maine Gun Safety Coalition, a gun control organization associated with NYC Billionaire Michael Bloomberg.
Mike Sauschuck has publicly called for new gun control laws to ban and confiscate firearms and ammunition devices commonly owned by Maine people, criminalize the transfer of firearms between lawful Maine gun owners and empower state government to confiscate firearms from targeted Maine people without due process of the law.
As Commissioner of Public Safety, Mike Sauschuck would oversee the Maine State Police and be responsible for enforcement of all firearms policy in the State of Maine, including Maine's concealed weapons permitting system. This is not an appropriate role for someone who openly opposes our constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
As a citizen of the state of Maine, I respectfully ask you to oppose the confirmation of Mike Sauschuck.
Additionally, if you would like to send individualized messages, please find below the emails addresses for each member of the committee.
1. Senate Chair Susan Deschambault of York County (D - Senate District 32)
2. House Chair Charlotte Warren of Hallowell (D - House District 84)
3. Senator Michael Carpenter of Aroostook County (D - Senate District 2)
4. Senator Kimberley Rosen of Hancock (R - Senate District 8)
5. Representative Pinny Beebe-Center of Rockland (D - House District 93)
6. Representative Janice Cooper of Yarmouth (D - House District 47)
7. Representative Patrick Corey of Windham (R - House District 25)
8. Representative Danny Costain of Plymouth (R - House District 100)
9. Representative Lois Galgay Reckitt of South Portland (D - House District 31)
10. Representative Chris Johansen of Monticello (R - House District 145)
11. Representative Victoria Morales of South Portland (D - House District 33)
12. Representative Richard Pickett of Dixfield (R - House District 116)
13. Representative Braden Sharpe of Durham (D - House District 46)